- August 31, 2020
- Posted by: David Thornton
- Category: Backup/Data Recovery, Business Advice, Cybersecurity, Employee Education, HIPAA Compliance
HIPAA compliance is a team effort. One slip by any team member or a lapse in your network security can compromise sensitive information. So it’s important to develop a culture of HIPAA compliance. This HIPAA checklist is a guide to making the changes many medical offices around Tampa need.
- Annual Risk Assessment ______________________
- Security Officer ______________________
- HIPAA Policies and Procedures
- Employee Disciplinary Log
- Annual Employee Training (at minimum)
- Managed Firewall
- Remote Monitoring/Patch Management
- Business Class Email with Encryption
- Backup/Disaster Recovery Solution
- Business Associate Agreements
- Inventory of all media containing PHI
- Proper disposal of ePHI and PHI
- Server Room Access Log
- Strong, unique passwords
- Your network must defend against cyberattacks.
This checklist is not exhaustive, but it’s a good start. It should not be substituted for a comprehensive risk assessment or interpreted as legal advice.
We can provide your annual HIPAA audit, HIPAA policies and procedures, employee training and HIPAA consulting. Call or email for a quote. Bundled pricing discounts apply.
If you would like a printable copy of our HIPAA checklist emailed to you, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request one free of charge.